Sunday 18 September 2011

Blood is thicker than water

I must say I always knew that blood is thicker than water. I mean I love and care for my family over any other  living being. But the first time I held my nephew Siddharth, the feeling was so overpowering. It was difficult for me to fathom the fact that in my hand I hold a new human being whose life force in his body is similar to mine. In his body, blood runs that is (almost) similar to mine. I am telling you it was the most extraordinary feeling ever. After which it was like every thing , every other problem in the world seemed so small and trivial. In that perfect moment, when I held the next generation of my family I finally understood what it is to have your next line. Why this urge in man to prolong his line and how family matters. It is built into our DNA, it can't be explained. It's like closing your eyes when you sneeze, you don't know why you do it but you do it nevertheless. In that perfect moment, someone whom I just met become one of the most important people in my life.

With Siddhu, mom and sis



No comments:

Post a Comment