Sunday 2 October 2011

Writing a novel

It is the dream of many and I have dreamed of it too. I would one day like to sit down, with my laptop and give my imagination a free run  and write that perfect novel. My one genuine contribution to this world. It would be born from the depths of my thoughts and hopefully have no resemblance to any other. It would be original, but charming. Unique but interesting. It would be a read to remember and not forget. 


Yes, I dream of it, a lot actually. But I don't know I am still to find that uncontrable urge of a feeling. That feeling you get when you have an idea or thought so provoking that you have to let go. I am yet to find that. I am sure it exists and there have been moments in my life when it happened to me. But these were unfortunate circumstances when I didn't have neither pen nor a laptop. 


I am emboldened by the irresistible Salman rushdie on Twitter 

  Salman Rushdie 
@ 
 I always said I wanted to write, even as a child. Being able to write... That's another thing entirely. Had to learn that.

Brillaint. I think that it's so true. I am learning now. I am trying. But taking that bold step and putting your thought to be judged out in the public is something I am not yet ready for. Hopefully soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment