Wednesday 29 August 2012

Is this the way?


I let you go,
Let you fly,
Even though I know
I should have tried
Seemed the right thing
Didn’t know it will bring

So much of hurt , so much of pain
Can’t get you out of my brain
Seeing you disappear, going far away,
What am I to do, what am I to say.

Wish I could, you know I would,
But life before me, has to clear
I have to be free, have a career.
Does that sound insane? 
Is it my bane?
What a way, what a life,
Every time I hear you, it causes strife.

It hurts now, but the pain will recede,
The pain of the future, I have to erase
Forgive me, I hope you will
Can I forgive myself, that won’t fit the bill.

What does it matter, in the end
Cause I have a cause and I won’t bend
You fought for me , I pushed you away,
Now in the end, I don't even know what to say

I made my bed, now I must lie in it too
Problem is no one can replace you.


No comments:

Post a Comment